The Truth, and nothing but.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'm a librarian and therefore many things. Today I'm a thinker, tomorow a reader. Yesterday I was a dreamer, and next week I'll be a seer. This morning I was a joker, tonight I might be a healer. No matter the time or day, I'm always a librarian.

Monday, December 29, 2008

THE 23RD THING!!!!

I was reluctant at first to start this venture when it was first announced. Honestly, I though "What more can I learn than what I already know?" I know, that is a bad, bad attitude to have, but I didn't think I was going to see anything new that I hadn't seen before. Well, I was only partly right in that assumption. Yes, I knew that many of the tools we explored over the past few weeks existed, and I was mildly aware of their application in the library....but I have learned much more than I ever expected. These excercises challenged me to explore these tools and discover new an inovative ways to utilize them in my everyday life.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Del.icio.us is one of my favorite discoveries...I really enjoy the ways I can keep track of my bookmarks, as well as share with others.
The image mashup excercise was a nice opportunity to play and learn at the same time.
Googledocs has become a lifesaver in service to many of the patrons at this branch.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?If anything, this program has taught me to never stop exploring because there will always be a new tool or application that I can utilize in my professional as well as personal life. Technolgoy is everchanging, and I want to be on the crest of that wave. I wish this wasn't the end of 23 Things, but that just means that I will have to take more of an initiative to continue exploring, discovering, and sharing.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Blogging was something that I shyed away from for so long, but amired when others did so elequently. I love my blog now, and will continue to post well past the end of this learning experience.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I love the format and the concept! Don't change a thing!


If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

I think that would have to be a "YES!"




....I think I'm done now!

No comments: