The Truth, and nothing but.

My photo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'm a librarian and therefore many things. Today I'm a thinker, tomorow a reader. Yesterday I was a dreamer, and next week I'll be a seer. This morning I was a joker, tonight I might be a healer. No matter the time or day, I'm always a librarian.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rollyo

It took me approximately 2 1/2 minutes to set up a searchroll with , and I am quite impressed. My typical MO is to enter a site, see if I can make sense of the application, and in the case of Rollyo, try to create my own. It really was self explanitory. After creating my searchroll, I went back and read the user guide and found even more exciting things that I can do! I will admit that I rely on Google to a great extent, but I have a feeling that I will be creating my own search engines from now on. Oh, the power! No longer a slave to Google! In all actuallity, this tool will allow me to streamline my searches, specifically refering to searching for book reviews for the newest teen materials. The searchroll I set up for this excersize consists mainly of sites that are dedicated to reviewing young adult literature, but I'm not stopping there. After some experimentation, I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have numerous searchrolls created by the end of the day.

No comments: